Saturday, January 21, 2006

Succession planning


Every business should have a succession plan. What will happen to my newsletter and blog and memoirs if, as the humans say, something happens to me? I am the brand, like Martha Stewart, except I never say, “It’s a good thing.”

I think about this when I am not thinking about something else. Mainly I think about snacks and chasing joggers and the next topic for my blog. It’s a lot of pressure being famous.

Well, I suppose management could buy another Corgi, but I would not want her to be disappointed, because there could be no Corgi as good as I am. And they probably would not know HTML. I hardly learned anything in dog school. Life has been my teacher. What if she got a silly, dumb air head? I have to think of everything.

Maybe she should get a dog from the pound. I must talk to my lawyer about this.
The guy in the picture is what can happen if you do not have a good succession plan. He is not like Abraham Lincoln either.

Comments:
and denny hastert is after him...IIRC...and after denny? someone in the senate? that can't be good either...

the daze of Abe Lincoln's are long gone. we no longer have any great leaders serving much less on the bench ready to take charge.

sorry Arthur...i wish i could be more optimistic...

rt
 
Some pigs are more equal than others, rt. The pigs have taken over.

I do not like to share, but then again I know that you can get a bad stomach ache if you eat a whole bag of M&M's or too many Twinkies at one time.
 
"...The pigs have taken over."

Yes but it's been happening for along time and now it is VERY obvious to all but the crazy "religious" and the other brain dead of the far right...

You should try sharing....it's fun...and...you can have ALL my Twinkies...i don't think I could even eat a bite....now M&M's...well...that's different.

It's going to get much more interesting Arthur....we have not seen the real crazy stuff yet...we jsut think we have..

rt
 
I have tried sharing. Once. We took in an airedale named Hyacinth by my kooky human. The pound was after her, so we gave her my Christmas collar to put on so she looked like a citizen. She was OK, but she kept trying to get on the bed which is only for me, and I am too stiff to get up there now, so idiot cats get their fur all over everything and we waste a lot more money on soap.

Well, back to Hyacinth. She lost my collar.

rt, you can take a dog off the street ...
This is only one of many reasons why I do not believe in sharing.

Thank you for your offer of Twinkies. I like Ho Hos and Suzie Q's also. It's pretty hard to ever get any of these fine name brand treats around here.
 
Arthur...what is your Meyers-Briggs?

rt
 
Maybe I will set up a charitable trust like Ford or Rockefeller. I do not have any heirs, as I think I may have told you. Management will inherit everything. But what if something happens to her? Then what will I do? Now I am worried again. There is always the Corgi Rescue League.

-----

rt, I never take tests or wear a watch. I am cool like that.
 
Kool Arthur...I don't wear a watch either...haven't for years...if you need to know the time there is always a clock somewhere near....except in airports

rt
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?