Saturday, February 25, 2006

Economics for Dummies


I would like to talk today about inflation. My Milk-Bone dog biscuits for Medium dogs 20-50 pounds, 26 oz. net wt., quality since 1908 have gone up to $3.19 from $2.99, and they were $2.79 just a few months ago. I remember, because I was doing a financial plan at the time.

Even though I didn’t learn arithmetic in dog school – that came later – do the math. .4/2.79 is 0.14336917562724014336917562724014. Does Alan Greenspan know about this? They are trying to tell us that there is no inflation. Milk-Bone dog biscuits for Medium dogs have gone up 14%, and they still haven’t figured out how to not break them, because I do not like a partial treat. So there is none of that business about higher quality dog biscuits to explain this price gouging.

Management is going to have to cut back on foolish expenditures like Northland Cranberry juice, which is $4.39 and salad. We had pizza last night, and she ordered a salad. How will we afford M&M’s, if she keeps buying useless junk like lettuce? Barney Bush’s family might be able to afford lettuce and M&M’s, but we aren’t rich. Yet.

Comments:
DaliWood,
It is clear that you understand the problem. What if she stops buying Milk-Bones altogether? Once I get my book advance, I can open up a charge account and have them delivered. We'll see how she likes it when I am munching on dog treats and M&M's and she rattles around looking for a green pepper or broccoli (although I do like broccoli because it was named after an aristocrat like me).

The National Institutes of Health has the usual biped bias against Oreos and fried chicken skin, but an infectious disease scare would get her attention.

I do not want to give up my cushy lifestyle, e.g., "If I have to lie, cheat, steal or kill, as God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again!"
 
Wow, Akamaru.

I used to get horse poop when we visited a barn, but I live in a subdivision, but we go to Lake Michigan and I get to walk on the beach. It is my favorite. You should go to the ocean. Maybe you could fly to Chicago, and I would take you to Demon Dogs or the Doggie Diner.

I know that I am a "dude", but when you have a serious problem developing, you have to use every bat in the bag.
 
D. - -
I must blog about this. My ancestors came to England and Wales with the Flemish weavers that crossed the North Sea. Flanders was Belgium, you know. They make a lot of chocolate, even though I believe in buying American. This is very significant. I was hoping my back story informants would get this story out before my birthday (March 12). I hope we're not too far ahead of the curve.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?