Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dydd Gwyl Ddewi


Careful readers of my blog and fan club members will have noted that I am a Welsh Corgi. Not just any Corgi, but a Welsh Corgi. We did not come to the United States, land of the free and home of the brave, until 1937. I suppose that there are liberal Corgis, like there are liberal poodles or liberal Collies, but good, old cloth coat Conservative Corgis like me are true Americans, just as good as the DAR, which management is in, but she never goes to any meetings. What kind of a club is that? I tried to get into the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club, but they only admit bipeds. If that isn’t prejudice, I don’t know what is.

Well, today is St. David’s Day. That is what the words say in the title to this blog entry. I did not learn Welsh in dog school, but it was multi-lingual, anyway. We had Rottweilers, Shar-Peis, Schnauzers and me, of course. I must blog more about dog school to free up my memories for my blockbuster autobiography.

St. David is the patron saint of Wales, and in Wales the humans wear a leek in their lapel. Or the girls wear a daffodil. Only on St. David’s Day. It would be pretty weird to be wearing leeks any other day. Whatever floats your boat.

In Wales they have museums about slate and wool. They know how to do things in Wales besides sue each other and invest. But I am an American, a Welsh American, and we have a services economy. That is why I have a biped to wait on me.

Comments:
This is quite thoughtful of you< daliwood, to tell us about saints for dogs and the falsely accused. I am constantly getting blamed for things that are not my fault. I need at least one saint.

I am a Buddhist, as I may have mentioned, although my ancestors lived with Quakers, but seeing as how they are dangerous to America, I'd better shove that little fact under the rug. Quakers I mean.

I will have to look up in my style book how to write to the Pope. Pretty much they stop reading if they think a dog wrote them a letter. Doesn't the Pope call himself 'We'? Maybe that's the Queen. I am so mixed up, but I am not a switch hitter.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?