Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday bird blog*


*You’re probably thinking, “Why is Arthur blogging about birds on Friday when that is management’s thing?” Well, here’s why, and this is pretty serious. We have had a coupon for $12.00 off on a Butterball® turkey or other fine Butterball® product for a long time. As far as I know we do not have a turkey in the freezer. I am very concerned.

Really alert and observant readers of my past guest columns on management’s blog will remember that the traditional dinner for my birthday is turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, broccoli, a salad with cucumber in it and a cake, usually banana and sometimes chocolate. Ahem, as Elaine always says on her blog, uh, my birthday is Sunday, two days from now. And everyone knows that you have to take a turkey out of the freezer at least two days before you bake it, so it can thaw.

This can mean only two things, maybe three: 1.) She has forgotten my birthday. 2.) She remembers my birthday, but is not planning a party or anything. 3.) We are going out to dinner. But there aren’t any drive-ins open in March in the great white north. Restaurants where you walk inside and sit down do not allow dogs, which is discrimination, but I am too upset to call my lawyer right now.

And I am going to be 14, which is 98 in human years. Life is a bitter pill.

Comments:
You could be right, D. She is at the store right now, so maybe I was hasty in thinking she would blow off my birthday. At the very least I hope we have a nut cup with M&M's, cheese and crackers and a fresh bowl of water to wash it all down. I will let you know.

Oh - - I have a pretty good benefits package, but only because I am still working at age 98. Management is my Trustee, but I am thinking of appointing Akamaru Supkis. Maybe they could handle the Trust jointly. Sometimes I wish I were a poor dog with not a care - - - except then I'd have to live on charity and eat Brand X crunchies from dogs like me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?