Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Home Improvement


You will be interested in hearing this. When you are famous, everyone wants to know what you do when you are not posing for pictures or signing autographs, or in the case of yours truly, writing a blockbuster book which will make him rich as well as famous.

Here is what I do: stay outside on my roofed deck, rain or shine, and wait for the floor guys or the painter or the fix-it duo** to sand or paint or the fix-it twins to say, "We have to be getting on home now, because the phone might ring, and we have to drink a lot of beer just in case."

This has been going for for over two weeks now, and I am pretty sick of it. And just to tee me off even more, a certain biped "lady" bought Spartan Treats for Large Dogs, instead of my Milkbones, which I have blogged about previously. So far today I have eaten three of these over-sized treats for Large Dogs and a left-over corner of a cheese croissant and the last few bites of management's breakfast sandwich from Dunkin' Donuts.

I have blogged about donuts before, too. This staying on the porch routine is interfering with my creative flow. That and our sad sack PC. Sorry, Jimbo, but I am annoyed. Get Gates on the phone.

** D & D (hint: they cannot shoot a bottle rocket straight)

Comments:
no bathroom would be available all day

Daliwood,
I just go on the deck. Probably if you tried that at work they would fire you, because there are different rules for bipeds, but just the same.

Too bad about your a/c. We have some very nice pictures left over from our sale. You could just crazy glue them to the wall.

I am definitely calling my agent if this house business doesn't cease PDQ. Today they are sanding and refinishing. If I weren't already pretty deaf, I would be after this. I have to stay in the car in the shade all day and go around with management. Possibly we will be going to Taco Bell, which would relieve some of the tension.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?