Friday, September 22, 2006

Jaloux


For my blog and newsletter subscribers who might think I am spoiled because I am an only dog who gets to ride along in the car with the boss just about everywhere and who has two boxes of sheets and towels to spread over the back seat that I have all to myself, well, guess again. I have a lot of competition, and the main reason I get to ride along in the car is because people will look in the car and think, "Oh. A dog. I will not break in this car and steal it." You see? Always an angle when you are dealing with a biped.

This evening we rode to the little lake-lette where they let you hunt but you cannot bring your dog or horse, so that management could see her friend, Mrs. Mallard Duck. She is a blabbermouth and a grabby pig - the stupid duck, I mean - if you ask me, but I sat in the car and pretended to be asleep. The guys in the 4x4's who are in the neighborhood watch and who would probably shoot Mrs. Mallard if they could aim straight do not know what a Corgi is, and I am beyond tired of, "Is that a cross between a shepherd and a beagle?" (Sure, Huckleberry. )

Today we took some Panera bread to Mrs. Mallard, and she was plucking at management's leg to get some more. Then some other bipeds in a blue car came with a big lunch in a box, and they were rude to Mrs. M., but she was practically jumping on their table.

So to lure the duck over to her, the boss put MY DOG FOOD on a plate on the ground. What do you know? The duck stayed by the other table. Here is your choice: a croque monsieur with pommes fritte or dog food. Take your pick.

I hope this canard does not think that she will use my blog as a platform to get into an AFLAC ad. Corgis are cuter than ducks any day.

Comments:
I am so glad you see the whole picture, Daliwood. The liberals will ruin everything before they are through. For example, they are saying that AFLAC ads show ducks in a bad light and that they are disrespectful to ducks.

Excuse me, but you do not get to be a millionaire duck by sitting in a swimming pool in Tennessee.

I can see it: Miss Liberal Food Pantry gives Mrs. Mallard some Pizza Hut pizza, the Neighborhood Watch turns her in, and there goes my gig. Poof! like the smoke from the barrel of the sawed off shotgun they carry in the front seat of the 4x4.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?